TESOL: English for Teaching Young Learners (ETYL)
CRICOS Code 051784G
Use your English language skills to teach others.
Curtin English Language Centre is offering English for Teaching Young Learners - a 5 or 10 week English language program which combines English language development and English language teaching methodology.
Who studies ETYL?
Students who are interested in teaching English in their home country, and also students who are interested developing their communication skills through a unique context. All students will benefit from developing their English language skills on this very practical and interactive course
What will I be learning in ETYL?
English for Teaching Young Learners will include the following:
- Language development (English for presentation, communication and teaching purposes including grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation work) and language skills development (speaking, listening, reading, writing)
- A practical application of language teaching methodology for teaching young learners (pre-school, primary and secondary levels)
- Micro-teaching to improve your English and teaching skills
- Materials development and lesson planning
- Attending a Curtin University School of Education lecture and a school visit
- Continuous assessment on your progress in the form of written and verbal feedback on language development and teaching practice
|10.00 - 12.00||Speaking, reading and listening - What quality means||Grammar - passive structures & have something done||Speaking - delivering presentations 2||Speaking - delivering presentations 2||Intercultural communication - the global dimension|
|1.00 - 3.00||
Language development - listening skillsPreparing for teaching practice
Language development - story - tellingDVD observation
|Case study - interactive problem solving||Language development - pronunciation workshop 2||
Language and skills development through teaching practice Reflections and feedback Learning journal