Course Learning Outcomes
A graduate of this course can:
- Communicate in Chinese, and apply knowledge of applied linguistics and intercultural communication in a professional context.
- Critically analyse issues in the context of cultural and linguistic differences.
- Locate, evaluate and synthesise information from various sources using more than one language.
- Function in Chinese with an ability to communicate in an appropriate register in a range of situations and for a range of purposes
- Use technology effectively to collect information and communicate in more than one language.
- Take responsibility for own learning and professional development in an international context.
- Evaluate and analyse issues arising in the region with in-depth knowledge of Chinese language and culture.
- Interact with people from a range of cultures and backgrounds with an understanding of cultural differences.
- Work independently and in teams with an intercultural understanding.