Artist in Residence Program 2017
The School of Design and Art at Curtin University welcomes applications for the Artist in Residence Program for 2017. The residency enables professional artists the time and space to develop work, research, engage in the studio learning environment and or just be part of a great collegial and artistic community.
Duration and dates: Monday 24 July to Friday 24 November 2017
Application closing date: Friday 16 June 2017
Applicants advised: Friday 23 June 2017
Who will benefit?
The residency is available to emerging, mid-career and established artists as well as recent Fine Art graduates.
Your application must include
- Current artistic CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Artist statement (maximum 200 words)
- Residency statement outlining what you would like to achieve (maximum 250 words)
What we ask of you:
- Interaction between students and staff throughout the semester in the form of consultations and an artist talk
- Help and assistance in the studio when required
- Minimum 2-3 days in studio per week through the residency
- Contribution of a small work for the Degree Show Fundraiser
- The residency does not provide a stipend or funding.
- Materials and supplies are to be provided by the artist.
- Students are ineligible to apply.
- Selection for residency is at the discretion of the School of Design and Art.